Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 34 - Rough Mask

Still a rough, but looking much more like the final product now. It's only held together with tape right now, but when I get a final overall shape done, I'll attach the braided tubes permanently either with glue or by sewing them on.

Direct flash doesn't do the new mask any justice, but I usually can only work on this at night and available light is too dim. I took a closeup photo of just the new mask that will hopefully show some of the details a little better.

I still need to make the bridge of the nose that connects with the goggles. To prevent the goggles from fogging up (or at least minimize it), I'm going to glue on some strips of foam across the inside of the cheeks to act sort of like weather stripping. This should keep my breath from traveling up the mask and fogging up the lenses by forcing it to go either down or out through the vents in the front.

4 comments:

Virak said...

oh hoho.. the vents are functional as well as cool looking. do they make darth vader-ish sounds in addition to everything?

Hero said...

No, but I was planning on attaching a kazoo...

Virak said...

sounds like a plan...

Rcn said...

are you going to end this project? Because you haven't updated it since months...